Updates, and things coming up

As you guys can see I'm changing things a bit. The background of the blog has been bugging me for a while. I was going to use a photo of one of my new visual poems, but I feel uncomfortable sharing them without a watermark. So, I've decided on the rustic floorboards.

You'll also notice that I replaced the events page with a bio page. After seeing a pretty lengthy bio a few years back on someone else's online home, I always wanted to try my hand at a bio that went beyond the standard one paragraph. I debated making it longer, and I might add my DJ history in the future, but it's a start.

Also, I added a contact form. My sincere apology. I should have made it easier to reach me personally a long time ago.

As far as what's next for me -- currently, I am waiting to finalize a reading with Austin Clarke this June. It might be the first time that I am nervous about reading with someone. The event marks the launch of Mr. Clarke's second book of poetry with Guernica Editions.

South-North Griots Summit is coming to Toronto and I was invited to write a paper for the event. My paper, "Every word has power: Why the griot community needs more editors, mentors and elders to guide mid-career artists," hopefully, will be available on the summit's web space in the very near future. 

Currently, I am trying to confirm a venue for a project that I am putting on this Fall. As soon as things are confirmed, I will post the details of the project.

Finally, by days end this post should be edited with a link to my Writers Union Page. Wish me luck!

EDIT: It still needs work, but my union profile is starting to look respectable!

Popular Posts